2020 was a extreme year for many. For my own blog i got hit by the Google search update in May which resulted in no gain in traffic for my blog between 2019 and 2020. For my own sake and perhaps for anyone interested here is my top 5 content for 2020, measured by the amount of organic and referral visitors:
- On a first place at 4.800 visits we have "C# - How to make a list of tuples with named values".
- On a second place at 4.504 visits we have ".Net MemoryCache - Absolute expiration vs sliding expiration".
- On a third place at 3.751 visits we have "C# - Iterate through each item from a list in parallel and wait for them all to finish".
- On a fourth place at 3.580 visits we have "C# - What is the difference between threads and tasks?".
- On a fifth place at 3.270 visits we have "C# - How to mock the HttpClient for tests when it is a dependency".
What do all of the above have in common? Well they are all related to C# or .Net. Common to all the posts on my blog they focus on solving a problem or question at hand which you might have. Often my posts are questions that I have had myself, found a solution for it and wrote a post about it. Often there is already content out there for this, but I have sometimes had to piece several pages together or the information was unclear or lacking. In this case I make a blog post.
I am looking forward to seeing what will be my top performing pages in 2021 :) Let us hope it is a better year, pandemic wise.