Just like last year I will make the top 5 blog posts list of the past year - the year 2022! This time I will divide it into two, one list for the top 5 blog posts that I wrote any time and another for blog posts that I wrote in 2022, the previous years of Top 5's have only been for all time. The reason for this change is to give the posts written in 2022 a better chance, even though the ones written earlier in 2022 will naturally have more views. In 2022 I have written over 100 blog posts which is double of what I normally do, let us see if any of them outperformed the previous years!
Top 5 blog posts in 2022
- First with 15.974 visits we have "REST - Should you use a body for your HTTP DELETE requests?" which is a post I wrote back in 2020. This has almost doubled in traffic since last year.
- Second with 8.527 visits we have C# - How to get a property from a JSON string without parsing it to a class using SelectToken and JObject which is a new post from January 2022!
- Third with 8.502 visits we have C# - How to use ForEachAsync() which is a post from November 2021.
- Fourth with 7.277 visits we have C# - How to put or post XML using the HttpClient in .Net Core which is another 2020 post. I like this post as it hits a niche, due to the “XML” and “HttpClient” keywords.
- Fifth with 7.128 visits we have xUnit - How to check if a call does not throw an exception from 2019!
From the above we can see that a lot of my old posts have rotated out. I will have to look into those in the coming weeks to see if they can be updated. But it is also great that my content keeps on ranking, even when it is years old. It is great to see a 2022 post in second place!
Top 5 blog posts in 2022 that were written in 2022
- First with 8.527 visits we have C# - How to get a property from a JSON string without parsing it to a class using SelectToken and JObject which is a new post from January 2022.
- Second with 4.458 visits we have Entity framework - Unable to create an object of type <type>. For the different patterns supported at design time see <link> from April 2022.
- Third with 3.513 visits we have C# - How to set a BaseAddress using the HttpClient from May 2022.
- Fourth with 2.848 visits we have C# Dapper - How to make select, insert, update and delete statements from June 2022.
- Fifth with 2.837 visits we have C# - Error: "Program does not contain a static 'main' method suitable for an entry point" when building solution
A lot of posts this year were on C# and they rank well on my site. I never chose a niche for my site other than a broad niche of "Software and whatever I want to write about".
If I look at December 2022 only, within the top 10 pages on my site I have six posts from 2022, so they are starting to rank better - they just have not had the same amount of time to rank as the ones written in previous years!
That is all
I hope you enjoy these recaps, I certainly enjoy writing them and I learn a lot about how my site is performing! Next post will be a SEO recap of 2022, stay tuned :)
Happy new year!